Saturday, November 12, 2016

Trying


The night crawls over me and it's almost unbearable.
I toss and turn trying to rid the visions out of my head.
I see your face and feel your hand on mine...
it's haunting. 

The days get colder and the nights feel empty.
Moving forward seems almost impossible 
As I stand on the edge of the cliff.
Closing my eyes, I feel almost free.

Every day I try to find it...
The reason I wake up...
The reason to open my eyes
And move on with my day.

People are around me everywhere
And feeling alone should be almost impossible but it isn't.
I find my smile and a bit of my spirit
But nothing is real behind my eyes. 

I can't forget how I had it all.
I finally had everything I have been needing and wanting
but now my anger finds me in full force.
I had you...
And now you are gone.

 I need you but you are no longer here.
You were taken from me so unfairly.
And now my tears fall and I can't catch them.
I am picking up the pieces
but they are missing a huge part...
you.

~~grb 11/12/16
To Dwain with all my love, I miss you handsome.

No comments:

Post a Comment