Thursday, April 28, 2016

Two steps back...

It was a breeze of the wind that came over me
And with a chill down my spine, goosebumps appeared.
I knew what I was doing but I just couldn't breathe.
It was only 10 more steps and then...I would be free.

It was a chain reaction to one thing I had done
or perhaps one thing I could not let go.
I find myself in predicaments that could destroy my character
I have been called a lot of things, but self-destructive has always set true.

Let's break this down...

I carry myself with pride
Self-esteem pouring out 
My confidence held high
but my mind wonders about.
I trash my spirit wondering
why others always leave
Depending on another 
Wondering why I can't breathe. 
To ease the pain and slow the tears
I grab the glass half full 
It isn't what you think..
It's half full of vodka, ready to go.
I put myself in situations
where I just lose control.
Living in the moment
isn't always the way to go.

Take two steps back for every step forward
That's how it always seems to be.
They say love big and dream bigger
But the dreams never become reality. 

It was the breeze in the wind that came over me
like a bulldozer tearing down a building.
A chain reaction to something I had tried to let go;
I knew what I was doing but I went with the flow...

~~grb

No comments:

Post a Comment